Jobs hiring during coronavirus in NYC
Here is a list of companies that are hiring full-time and part-time in New York City during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Buzzfeed: Freelance writer
BuzzFeed is looking for freelance writers who can contribute entertaining and well-researched pieces to BuzzFeed.com, though what we’re taking pitches on can vary based on the season. Writers should expect to pitch stories in the following formats: lists (with a minimum of 15 items in each list), how-to guides or explainers, super timely or trending news stories, interviews with experts, first-person stories about trying something interesting, and more.
You will pitch stories to fit into various coverage areas across BuzzFeed, including (but not limited to!) pop culture, trending news, and lifestyle.
Ability to self-edit — we will offer onboarding and light editorial guidance but expect posts to require very light editing.
Take assignments from BuzzFeed editors at will.
City of New York: Housing assistance $15k – $82k/yr
- Assist in: the resolution of tenancy problems; respond to complaints; collect rent and rent arrears.
• Interview residents; investigate, and verify information obtained.
• Inform tenants of Housing Authority rules, regulations, and requirements.
• Perform income and employment verifications for the purpose of rent determination.
• Conduct field visits for rent collection/home visits regarding housekeeping concerns/window guards/air condition surveys, etc.
• Perform rentals and complete annual/interim reviews.
• Perform case reviews and/or process lease renewals/contract rent changes.
• Attend administrative hearings.
• Make court appearances.
New York Health + Hospitals: Primary health physician
Seeking a board-eligible/board-certified Internal Medicine or Family medicine physician to join the NYC Health + Hospitals Gouverneur Clinic. These clinics provide access to healthcare for all New Yorkers, regardless of citizenship or healthcare status, through New York’s NYC Care program. Be a part of healthcare history and live in the dynamic borough of Manhattan.
• Loan forgiveness options available
• New York City retirement benefits
• Generous PTO, including 11 paid holidays
• Hospital- and community-based positions available
• Access to multiple physician specialties
• Monday to Friday schedule, some weekends as needed
• Multilingual is a plus
International Law Firm: Marketing Assistant
Our client, an international NYC law firm, is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join their team. This person will be responsible for facilitating the production of the firm’s implementation of events, seminars, client presentations, and conferences. Additionally, this individual will act as the central point for coordinating the firm’s seminar materials and PowerPoint presentations.
Candidates from legal or other related professional services industries are encouraged to apply! Must have 1-2 years of event planning experience (internships OK).
Tiffany and Co.: Sales
Our team delivers the Tiffany Experience to each and every client from the moment they walk through our doors. Participants will be considered for the following roles:
As an Ambassador you will greet every client with a warm welcome, offer hospitality and store amenities, ensure the hospitality area is fully stocked, orderly, and clean, and contribute to an overall authentic and luxurious client experience. The brand ambassador will also provide support to our Sales and Operations team with duties such as introducing the client to an available Sales Professional, managing the floor waiting list where applicable, providing support in personalization
UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., a leading global Japanese retail holding company that designs, manufactures, and sells clothing under seven main brands: Comptoir des Cotonniers, GU, Helmut Lang, J Brand, Princesse team. Theory, and UNIQLO. With global sales of approximately 1.14 trillion yen for the 2013 fiscal year ending August 31, 2013 (US $11.62 billion, calculated in yen using the end of August 2013 rate of $1 = 98.36 yen), Fast Retailing is one of the world’s largest apparel retail companies, and UNIQLO is Japan’s leading specialty retailer.
Planted: Operations associate
• Doing whatever it takes to get the job done
• Taking ownership of and juggling any number of projects at once
• Provide support across multiple teams, including but not limited to Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and Product Management
• Streamline processes and create and/or improve on existing process documentation
A Part-Time Associate (Sales, Cashier, & Stock) is responsible for providing excellent customer service while selling merchandise. Each associate is responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience by maintaining the brand standards and overall appearance of the store, including stock replenishment.
• Demonstrate leadership in driving sales and profitability by achieving or exceeding all established store and individual goals.
• These include sales, hourly productivity, average dollar sale (ADS), units per transaction (UPT), conversion (if applicable), charge accounts and contests, and any other brand-specific KPIs.
• Actively participate in all contests, promotions, and sales incentive programs.
NYPD Traffic Enforcement: School safety agent
NYPD is recognized by industry experts as the nation’s leader in crime reduction. Build your career with us and learn law enforcement from the best in the industry. School Safety Agents provide security and ensure the safety of students, faculty, and visitors in the New York City Public School buildings and surrounding premises by patrolling and operating scanning equipment, verifying identity and escorting visitors, and challenging unauthorized personnel.